If you wish to experience true Himalayan trekking near to Kathmandu, then your Langtang trek is the best choice. Even though it is near to Kathmandu it’s considered more remote compared to Annapurna Circuit trek or even the Everest Base Camp trek. The path isn’t too crowded and you’re able to see pristine nature and unspoiled forests through your trek.
The name Langtang comes from the legend of the Buddhist lama carrying out a runaway yak in to the valley. ‘Lang’ is Tibetan for Yak and ‘teng’ way to follow. Today the valley continues to be lived on by yaks. Langtang lies within Langtang Park, which is regarded as the very first Himalayan park. Mighty Langtang Lirung (7246 m) dominates the valley but there are more peaks visible throughout the trek. The region is lived on through the Tamang ethnic group within the hilly areas and also the Sherpas within the upper elevations.
The ultimate resting point for that Langtang trek is Kyanjing Gompa (3870 m), an idyllic mountain village wealthy in Sherpa culture and traditions. A moderately difficult hike in the Kyanjing Ri (4980 m) or Tserko Ri (5033 m) reveals awesome mountain views including Ganesh Himal (7,600 m), Mt. Langtang II (7,227 m), Mt. Dorje Lakpa (6,966 m), Mt. Gang Chhenpo (6,388 m) not to mention the tallest of all of them – Langtang Lirung.
Langtang – Trek Details
- Trek Difficulty: Level 2 – Moderate
- Trek Duration: seven days
- Remoteness: Moderately Remote
- Max Altitude: 4980 meters at Kyanjing Ri peak or 5033 meters at Tserko Ri
- Accommodation: Fundamental teahouses and moderately priced guesthouses and lodges
- Best Season: Marly-May, March-November
- Transport To/From trek: Bus to Syabrubesi, approximately. 8 hrs from Kathmandu
- Needed permits:
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Card
- Langtang Park Permit
- No restrictive permits are needed for that Langtang trek
Langtang Trailhead – ways to get there
The trek starts in the village of Syabrubesi (1550 m) which may be arrived at by road from Kathmandu in 8-9 hrs. Public transit ride is half the this trekking trip because the road ends up and lower with the beautiful high-hillsides region of Nepal. Periodic sights of blossoming rhododendron flowers isn’t uncommon and you may see a large number of beautiful waterfalls falling from the top hillsides. The mountainous road goes through local villages where one can see real rural Nepali existence. Public transit-ride is sort of bumpy however it comprises for this by having an very scenic drive-thru the countryside of Nepal.
Langtang – Safety factors
Safety factors are always one central consideration at BookMundi so we go ahead and take well-being in our trekkers seriously, which is the reason why we put focus on the next:
- All trekking agencies offered at Bookmundi.com are carefully selected and therefore are assessed on their own safety standards after every trek, via trekkers’ feedback.
- The trekking agencies goes through safety procedures along with you on your pre-trek meeting concerning the Langtang trek.
- Please make certain you dress appropriately for that Langtang trek in line with the season.
Langtang, Gosaikunda, Helambu Trek – Nepal
Online Family World: namaste from nepal nice video
Swastik K.C: Can you please share the route between gosainkunda and kathmandu..
Alexander Osmyakov: This is whole path: \nhttps://nepalecoadventure.com/nepal-trekking/langtang-region/langtang-circuit-trekking/
Upakar Bhandari: great one dude
Raj Bade: beautiful blue gosaikunda lake..finally you got have meat ..
bkknoodles68: nice video diary….thanks
Guy Daniels: hey, I enjoyed ur videos so I have subscribed. I am having a subscriber competition and was wondering if u could sub back thx!